Belektron (hereafter “Company”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains how we use the information we collect about you and how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information. Please read the following carefully to fully understand our practices regarding personal data. By submitting personal data when subscribing to our free weekly Carbon newsletter you consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of such personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Policy. The site is operated by us. We are a limited liability company registered in Slovenia under company number 2371782000 and have our registered office at Cvetkova ulica 25, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, VAT number SI13483129.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms, specifically, but not exclusively, any registration form on our site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to a service provided by us, posting material on or to our site (where permitted), requesting further services, or utilizing any future services we may offer. Information may also be requested when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or another company in our group of companies, and when you report a problem with our site;
• By subscribing to our free weekly Carbon newsletter we will request your name, surname and e-mail address;
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
• We may contact you by e-mail with special offers or by sending you our newsletter;
• Details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data) and the resources that you access;
• Such other data or information emailed by you to us or entered by you on our site.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To enable us to supply you with further information about our company and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To aid us in providing you with assistance where you have requested services, further information, or logged an enquiry;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. To the extent that carrying out such obligations necessitates us disclosing your personal information to agents, contractors or other third parties involved in the performance of contracts entered into between you and us, you agree and consent to such disclosure;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• To notify you about changes to our services;
• In order to comply with any of our legal and regulatory obligations;
• To monitor website usage in order to improve our services and site.
You will not receive unsolicited marketing communications from us unless you have agreed to this. We may, however, contact you from time to time as necessary with information or queries about your registration, subscriptions, your past and possible future purchases and/or your postings.
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business (in whole or in part) or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and may sell and transfer personal data collected through the site in connection with and pursuant to the sale of any such business or assets;
• If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• To the extent necessary to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• If we have a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; to operate our systems properly; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our subsidiaries, affiliates, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
• To trusted third parties who assist us in operating the site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We take our data security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, and review these measures regularly. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of customer information.
In accordance with the above we will take appropriate security measures to guard against unauthorized access to your personal data or against its alteration, disclosure, or destruction. However, transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is therefore carried out at your own risk.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
We use Google Analytics cookies for monitoring website traffic. It allows us to optimise our website for search engines and evaluate how easy our site is to find on the web. All Google Analytics information is recorded anonymously and does not provide or share any user-identifiable information.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our Terms and Conditions can be found by clicking on this link.
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the sites and related services. We may also sell certain assets associated with the sites. As a result, please be aware that in such an event we may transfer some or all of your information to a company acquiring all or part of our assets or to another company with which we have merged. Under such circumstances we would, to the extent possible, require the acquiring party to follow the practices described in this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time. Nevertheless, we cannot promise that an acquiring company or the merged company will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
You have the right at any time to access the personal data that we hold about you by furnishing us with a written request. There is no fee for providing this information. We are concerned to ensure that at all times such personal data as we hold about you is accurate, up to date, and is not in excess of what we require to enable you to avail of our services. Therefore, if your personal information changes, or indeed if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please let us know and we will correct, update, or delete your personal data as appropriate.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by letter at the address above, and asking us to cease contacting you for such purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
If you have any questions about this Policy, how we run the site, or your dealings with our site, please send your query by emailing us at email@example.com or by post to:
Cvetkova ulica 25